Are you already registered to vote? If not, REGISTER HERE before May 22, 2017 to be eligible to vote in the VA primary!
If you are registered, Congratulations! You've taken the first step to make sure your voice is heard. Don't stop there--please decide right now that you will cast your ballot at the next election. Complete our Pledge to Vote form and we'll send you a quick reminder to vote before the next election. We'll even include important information about where and when to vote in your community.
Your vote = Your voice. Thanks for making your voice heard in America.
When, Where, and How to Vote
Virginia law requires all voters to provide a photo ID when voting in person at a polling place. You can use:
- VA school or university-issued ID with a picture
- VA-issued driver's license
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card
- Other Acceptable Forms of ID
Election Day Information:
Primary Election | Tuesday, June 13, 2017
General Election | Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Polls open from 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Requests to receive an absentee ballot to be mailed to you for the primary need to be in by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
- Requests to get an in-person absentee ballot for the primary must be made by 5:00 p.m. Saturday, on June 10, 2017
- For more information on absentee voting, please visit the Virginia Department of Elections Website!
Weekdays during business hours
Some locations may offer additional dates, contact your local voter registrar’s office for details.