Are you already registered to vote? If not, REGISTER HERE before October 16th, 2017 to be eligible to vote in the VA General Election!
If you are registered, Congratulations! You've taken the first step to make sure your voice is heard. Don't stop there--please decide right now that you will cast your ballot at the next election. Complete our Pledge to Vote form and we'll send you a quick reminder to vote before the next election. We'll even include important information about where and when to vote in your community.
Your vote = Your voice. Thanks for making your voice heard in America.
When, Where, and How to Vote
Virginia law requires all voters to provide a photo ID when voting in person at a polling place. You can use:
- VA school or university-issued ID with a picture
- VA-issued driver's license
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card
- Other Acceptable Forms of ID
Election Day Information:
City of Fairfax Special Elections:
School Board Member | Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Council Member | Tuesday, September 12, 2017
*for more information about deadlines for upcoming City of Fairfax special elections click here.
General Election | Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Polls open from 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Requests to receive an absentee ballot to be mailed to you for the general need to be in by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Requests to get an in-person absentee ballot for the general must be made by 5:00 p.m. Saturday, on November 4, 2017
- For more information on absentee voting, please visit the Virginia Department of Elections Website!
Weekdays during business hours
Some locations may offer additional dates, contact your local voter registrar’s office for details.